Thursday, January 31, 2013

Art Block SUCKS!!!

So I attempted to start several new paintings last night and earlier this morning and while I know what I want to do, I'm having the worst trouble getting it out of my head! It's been a long time since I've struggled like this and I don't like it! Especially when I have a deadline to meet here in the next two weeks!

My process usually involves:

- thumbnail sketches
- larger sketches, fleshing out the details
- a scan into photoshop for tweaking and resizing
- print
- trace enlarged version
- transfer to intended surface
- pencil in more details
- flesh out back ground
- ink lines
- base colour
- detailed colour
- painting

it's a very long, drawn out process that I've whittled down to a science but I can't seem to get past my thumbnail sketches and even those, I'm not so thrilled with any of them that I'm wanting to move on to bigger and better and it's really frustrating. Really. Really. Frustrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment