Saturday, January 26, 2013

Welcome to Bonefish Designs! If you happened to stumble across this page, I apologize for it's sparseness. I just started it yesterday so this is really the first post but I hope you decide it's worth coming back to at another date and time- hopefully once I've started adding images and commentary.

A bit of an introduction is in order, I suppose. My name is L.A. I'm 24 years old. I graduated from Shepherd University in West Virginia in 2010 with a BFA in printmaking and drawing. Currently I work as a lifeguard and as an after school enrichment instructor, which is just a fancy way of saying I teach art classes.

In addition to my official day job, I'm also a freelance artist. I do a lot of designs for local bands and a lot of flash for local tattoo artists. I also have a separate design company I call LA Felice Pesce Designs which is all jewelry and fabric crafts, of which I get fairly decent business. Not enough to quit my day job, mind you, but enough that I can actually feel like a legitimate designer.

I don't really have much to say with this first post, just that I've had a couple blogs before but was absolutely terrible at keeping them updated and I wasn't really thrilled with them anyways. I had to keep a blog for a class in college and quite frankly, when it's something I HAVE to do, I drag my heels doing it.

I decided to start fresh with a new blog really just for myself but I'm more than happy to share my musings with you, dear readers, should you happen to find my little corner of the internet. My motivation for starting this blog was to keep myself accountable. I'm pretty good about getting my freelance work turned in by deadlines but my commissions are so few and far between and I'm absolutely terrible about just drawing.

I used to be able to fill a sketch book in a matter of months, now I find myself struggling to even fill the first page and when I do start something, I'm absolutely terrible about finishing it. I'm hoping that writing this blog will give me the boost I need to throw myself back into my work. I'm really hoping that this blog will also hold me accountable to make sure I do finish what I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment