Monday, September 30, 2013

Scottsville Fall Artisans Festival


Sorry I haven’t written in awhile, I was so busy between work and craft show preparations.
The Scottsville Fall Artisans Festival was yesterday. It was the big craft show I’ve spent every spare moment of my time preparing for for the last 3 months.

Set up began at 9 AM, we were supposed to open at 11 but we had people start trickling in around 10! I hadn’t even gotten any of my stuff put out at that time! I made my first sale around 10:30.
All set up and ready to go
All set up and ready to go

It was the first time Scottsville had ever hosted a festival like that and I’m glad I got to participate, there was a huge turnout! I’d say it was quite successful, at least for myself! I was the only jewelry booth in the whole show and I was front and center in the middle of the pavilion, my booth was the first one people walked past as soon as they entered the show! Talk about prime real estate!

For the most part we were busy clear through until break down time. Even if people weren’t buying, they were still looking. I had people stop by two and three times before they actually bought something!

My little top hat fascinators were pretty popular, as were my cocktail rings and the button earrings I had made.

My fiance helped me handle the money and he got to get his tech-nerd on with the Paypal Here app and card swiper. We did a lot of cash business and quite a bit of card transactions too. I think people were more willing to buy when they realized I could take card because I had several people who had made cash purchases come back and make even bigger purchases on their credit cards!
hair fascinators, I sold half of them :D
hair fascinators, I sold half of them :D

The show was supposed to wrap up around 5 PM but we still had people coming in to shop and we ended up keeping open until almost six and it was after 7 before we finished breaking down, cleaning up and returning borrowed supplies.

I met some lovely people yesterday too. Quite a few members of my fiancĂ©’s church and family came by to shop and to meet me and a few of them purchased stuff. I saw friends from high school that I haven’t seen in years, many of whom are married with kids now. I even saw some of the ladies from the pool where I work and even my 7th grade art teacher stopped by!

Overall it was a good day. The weather was perfect. The people were really nice and business was brisk. I will definitely participate should the festival be offered again!

No comments:

Post a Comment